What Do You See?
The Specific Issues have changed since I first wrote this — but not the question has not.
The question came to mind as I perused the headlines in the paper and on line.
- Sexpo sues Dallas after ban remains – The mayor and city council don’t want a triple X entertainment venue at the convention center: Government stands up to do something sensible and is about to be smacked down – for infringing on someone’s right to profit and enjoy what is wrong.
- Meanwhile, Chick fil a rocks another American University . . .
- And Donald Trump is apparently the unstoppable candidate. See an article in WORLD Magazine on The Big Gamble.
- How does unfettered public access to pornography make us smarter, wiser, better people?
- How does stating plainly the point of view that marriage is between a man and a woman harm college students?
- How does promoting gambling for relaxation and vacations help communities and citizens?
- Well, it’s my right to look at what I want – no matter what it costs those posing for it.
- It’s my right not to have to think about your opinions.
- It’s my right to spend my money any way I want – even if I am on government assistance, and the facilities cost taxpayers.
Three hot-button issues – skipping abortion, euthanasia, and relaxing marijuana laws; or, the governing powers that be, and the unstable imploding world – lest my keyboard spontaneously combust – and I know I’ve backed off some friends and family. 🙁
Remember Hans Christian Anderson’s story, The Emperor’s New Clothes? Does anybody else see a buck- naked Emperor?
No, No – This is the best of all possible worlds. . . right?
I don’t think so . . . I don’t think we are more compassionate, wise, or kind. I think we have lost our mooring when we – the church — cast off from God’s care so that we might be palatable to the world. (Please read Catch the Little Foxes)
Thank you for being a wonderfully reflective woman. I like your reflections, and your photos. (That uprooted tree picture is very effective!)
God bless you, sister, in this new season.
Backatcha sweet lady — your commentaries keep me humble — and laughing — and praying!