A super simple overview:
Your IP address, the part of the world you live in and when and what you viewed on my site are tracked to help me understand the trends and movements of my site and to help me determine which content is most relevant to my readers. This is not just my site but is common across the internet.
Your email address (and possibly first name) as well as other non-identifying data are collected by third party companies who help me deliver my newsletter to your inbox when you subscribe.
Sometimes I link to other sites that I think would be of value or interest to my readers. I have no control over these sites and what they collect or why.
A little more technical look at the policy:
AutumnsGarden.com operates in the United States and are subject to the laws of the United States. This site was not created to actively market to residents of the EU.
When accessing our website, we will learn certain information about your during your visit. Similar to other web sites, we utilize a standard technology called “cookies” and server logs to collect information about how our site is used.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Users may give or refuse consent to cookies upon first visit to our website. The decision expires after 3 months, after which time you will be asked to decide again at your next visit.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Server Log Files
Like many other web sites, AutumnsGarden.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Third Party Companies
We use third party companies’ plugins to help us analyze site traffic or enable you to subscribe to our newsflash. The following companies are considered third party companies for the purposes of this policy and you can read their privacy policies by following the links: Mailchimp, StatCounter.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and make use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about my policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting my business in accordance with godly principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- What information is being collected?
- Names, website addresses, email addresses, log files (see above.)
- Who is collecting it?
- The owner(s) of this site collect the information.
- If this site has an email signup form the email service provider is collecting the information.
- How is it collected?
- Via online forms and cookies (see above.)
- Why is it being collected?
- To track site usage and send the recipient email correspondence, newsflashes, and updates.
- How will it be used?
- For analytics
- To send information back to the recipient.
- Who will it be shared with?
- Your information will never be shared with anyone.
- What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
- There is no affect on the individual concerned outside of receiving information from this website.
- Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
- The intended use of your information will not cause you to object or complain.
- Complaining is frowned upon and we don’t want you to do it.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mail sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us through the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
AutumnsGarden.com makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content contained on this website or any sites linked to this site.
All the materials on this site are provided ‘as is’ without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall AutumnsGarden.com or its agents or associates be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, injury or death) arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if AutumnsGarden.com has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.