How well do I think I know what the Scriptures teach?
In a recent sermon on the LOVE God lavishes on this world, the pastor challenged us to write down five things we think Jesus said, and then test it with what the Scriptures say He said.
Okay, I thought, let’s see … I think the Lord Jesus said:
- I am God. ~ John 4:1-26
- I’ve forgiven you; I will defend you. Quit sinning. ~ John 8:1-11
- Choose your “chores” wisely. ~ Luke 10: 40-42
- Take care of people – especially the ones who drive you nuts.~ Luke 10:25-37
- He will see to it you have everything you need for this day Matthew 6:25-33 and another saying just for good measure —
- He is pleased to hear a thank you. ~Luke 11:17-19
Then, the pastor asked, why can’t people see the reality of Jesus the Christ?
I don’t know.
Well, yes, I might know.
Sometimes what I say I believe is not always how I live. Other times, fewer folks inquire, so busy they are with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness .
But more than our failures is a mystery why people don’t see the reality of Christ: the hope that God is not finished calling His own to Himself.
Resting on what I know He has said, I recommend the wrestling.
Merry CHRISTmas dear readers!