What in the World Happened?
When you look at my unbreakable glass, you have to wonder what happened to shatter it so. How many times did I drop it before its innards splintered?
In some ways, there is a kind of beauty – and symmetry. Doug thinks with the cracks it looks better than new.
But, then he is used to me now.
The glass is not leaking, but I just wonder when it might crumble.
Note: I never saw any cracks until the sunlight highlighted them. It’s startling what I can’t see unless light helps me see.
And I got to thinking of thee and me, dear reader.
I sure feel a wee bit shattered; how about you? Oh, I am grateful to be holding “it” together, but I can’t promise I couldn’t instantly crumble if we get more blows!
What has happened thus far?
- Covid-19 and its variants, then,
- The summer of 2020;
- A Presidential election that revealed TMI about too many Americans,
- An insurrection and an impeachment, Senate Votes to Acquit Trump– WORLD Magazine
- Confirmation of a prominent ministry’s refusal to stop a sexual predator, You Are One Step Away from Complete Insanity~ David French) and
- Now a colossal failure of the power grid in Texas, because of a polar vortex. WAIT:
- This just in: an EBOLA outbreak declared in Guinea !
Not to mention so many emotional and personal “challenges” than never make the news!
How many times have we all been dropped this year?
The interior fractured in that plastic glass reminds me we are each dealing with stresses that aren’t so apparent unless we take a close look. Lent is a time for closer looks. Lent can be a time let go of stuff that lets me hide my splinters.
What once I did not understand about the closer look Lent enables, is now I will see those cracks, imperfections and weakness with a Friend** who’s got the power to heal, restore help me hold it together.
Lord, I believe; help Thou my unbelief! (Mark 9:24)
* A Better Way to Fast: Isaiah 58:1-14